Hello everyone! It has been way too long since my last. I pray that everyone has had a great 2012, so far. I am so thrilled to be back on the blogging band wagon and hope everyone enjoys the great line up of topics that I will be sharing.
To bring you up to speed, her are some key events from Morse's 2011.
- March 3, 2011 - I was very pregnant and due to have my daughter that day. Instead, I spent 24 hours in the hospital with my sister, who was also pregnant, and our family welcomed the arrival of our niece, Audrey Paige.
- March 6, 2011 - Three days after We were blessed with the arrival of our beautiful daughter, Piper Grace. She is now 10 months old and growing into a wonderful toddler. (I will be posting my birth story in a future post.)
- April 1, 2011 - My father in-law died and went to be with the Lord after a hard battle with Leukemia. Words cannot express the roller coaster of emotions of having a new baby and then having a family member die. We miss my father in-law so much and we know we will see him again.
- June 1, 2011 - We were struck with another tragic event and lost our apartment due to a fire. By the grace of the Lord, Piper (3 months old) and I escaped with no injuries. However, we did end up loosing about 80% of our belongings to smoke damage. Our apartment was so damaged that we had to move into an Extended Stay hotel. I don't recommend living in a one bedroom hotel with a 3 month old but we managed to make it work.
- July 1, 2011 - After living in the hotel for a month, we were able to find a new apartment that was 5 miles away from my husband's office. Having a place to call home was wonderful.
- November & December 2011 - We celebrated our first Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years with Piper. It was great to celebrate the holidays with her. Trips to the grandparent's house were eventful and full of memories.
I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for our family for 2012. What goals or plans do you have for your family this year?