Jan 6, 2012

I'm Back & 2011 Review

Hello everyone!  It has been way too long since my last.  I pray that everyone has had a great 2012, so far.  I am so thrilled to be back on the blogging band wagon and hope everyone enjoys the great line up of topics that I will be sharing.

To bring you up to speed, her are some key events from Morse's 2011.

  • March 3, 2011 - I was very pregnant and due to have my daughter that day.  Instead, I spent 24 hours  in the hospital with my sister, who was also pregnant, and our family welcomed the arrival of our niece, Audrey Paige.
  • March 6, 2011 - Three days after We were blessed with the arrival of our beautiful daughter, Piper Grace.  She is now 10 months old and growing into a wonderful toddler.  (I will be posting my birth story in a future post.)
  • April 1, 2011 - My father in-law died and went to be with the Lord after a hard battle with Leukemia.  Words cannot express the roller coaster of emotions of having a new baby and then having a family member die. We miss my father in-law so much and we know we will see him again.
  • June 1, 2011 - We were struck with another tragic event and lost our apartment due to a fire.  By the grace of the Lord, Piper (3 months old) and I escaped with no injuries.  However, we did end up loosing about 80% of our belongings to smoke damage.  Our apartment was so damaged that we had to move into an Extended Stay hotel.  I don't recommend living in a one bedroom hotel with a 3 month old but we managed to make it work.
  • July 1, 2011 - After living in the hotel for a month, we were able to find a new apartment that was 5 miles away from my husband's office.  Having a place to call home was wonderful. 
  • November & December 2011 - We celebrated our first Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years with Piper.  It was great to celebrate the holidays with her.  Trips to the grandparent's house were eventful and full of memories.

Now I know what you are thinking, "Wow, you had an eventful year full of many ups and downs!  How did you not loose your mind?"  The truth is that we didn't do it on our own.  We were so blessed by family and friends who supported and prayed for us.  We also found tremendous comfort in the arms of our Lord and Savior.  He was the one who knew what we were going through.  He was the one we prayed to every day to ask for wisdom, provision, and the grace to make it through another day.  Have you put all your trust in the Lord during the small and big events in your life?

I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for our family for 2012.  What goals or plans do you have for your family this year?  

No comments: