May 3, 2010

Spring Fever? Try Essential Oils

Yes, I know everyone may have thought I fell off the blog bandwagon, but I am back.  When I looked back and I saw my last post was on April 1st, I could not believe how time flew by.  Things in the Morse household have been buzzing in preparation for a busy May.

As the title asks, "Spring Fever? Try Essential Oils."  I am not talking about the spring fever that causes you to bustle around the house in a cleaning frenzy.  I am talking about a fever caused by health flare ups cause from the changing weather/season.  With spring in full force it is safe to assume many of you are dealing with colds, flu, and seasonal allergies.  May I suggest ditching the box of (name your choice of cold or allergy medicine) for a natural essential oil.

Around two years ago my mom brought to my attention the many benefits and health studies on essential oils.  This all came about when my dad experienced a major health crisis and was miraculously healed of Cellulitis with prayer, proper nutrients, and essential oils.  (I will post my dad's health testimony very soon.) 

So what is so great about essential oils?  First, God made them.  They are not chemically manufactured and they have no negative side effects.  Who wants to clear up a stuffy nose with a medication that causes an off the wall side effect like frequent urination.  Also, essential oils come from plants, flowers, and herbs.  It does not get more natural than that.  Click here, to find out more of basics of Young Living Essential Oils, which happens to be my brand of choice.

So here are my top 5 essential oils that I use on a daily basis.


1) Thieves - Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims.  I use this oil for immune support, Thieves cleaner to disinfect my kitchen and bathroom, and the Thieves waterless hand sanitizer.

2) Lemon - Lemon (Citrus limon) has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting.  This oil is great in water for an afternoon refresher.  We have used this oil to cut through great and to remove sticker glue off glass items.

3) Purification - This oil is a blend of Citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, Melaleuca lavandin, and myrtle.  I personally have diffused this oil in my house for that top to bottom clean smell.  This oil is great for taming a stubborn blemish, too.

4) Lavendar - This oil has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing.  It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations.  I love putting lavendar on my neck and arms to calm down before bed.  I have also used this oil to sooth burns.

5) Peppermint - One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive efficiency.  I have used peppermint to calm down heartburn or an upset stomach.  I also use peppermint typically to relax sore muscles.  My favorite use is to put a few drops in my hands, rub them together and breath in the aroma.  WOW! Talk about a pick me up.

These five oils are only scratching the surface of other oils available.  So, do your due diligence and research to see what oils may help you and your family.  Email me if you have any questions.

2 comments:

Maegan said...

You fell off again!!! The blogging bandwagon, that is... I want to know how you made the bag you gave Lisa! Come on, you can do it!

Mary said...

I agree with Meagan! Instructions for the bag please? ...hmmm I know where you live!