Jul 19, 2009

Chefs That Influence My Cooking

First, sorry it has been a while since my last posting. I have been busy putting in extra time at work.

Anyhow, on to today's topic. I'm sure some of you may ask, "Where does your cooking influences come from?" Great question! Here are a few chefs that influence my everyday cooking.

1) Rachael Ray
Yeah, I know she can be a little obnoxious and goofy. She reminds me of myself when I get caught up in making dinner and get all excited when it's turning out perfect. For her to whip up a tasty meal in 30 Minutes is so helpful for those of us who have busy schedules. I love the fact that she can take some simple ingredients, add lots of flavor with spices, and not over complicate a meal. That's my kind of lady! http://www.rachaelray.com/









2) Rick Bayless
You can ask Joel, when Rick's show "Mexico-One Plate at a Time" is on PBS after work, it's like heaven. (Not really but you get my point.) The world seems to stop and for 30 minutes, I am in la la land. As you are may be aware, I am half Mexican and I am addicted to Mexican food. Since I only learned the basics of Mexican cuisine, from my dad, I knew I needed to expand my knowledge of Mexican food and try new things. That's where Rick's expertise has come into play. He has helped me understand how to add flavor and fun twists to everyday Mexican food. If I could buy stock in his Fontera brand I would. http://www.rickbayless.com/


3) Christina Pirello Christina is quite amazing. She is able to use organic whole foods and make great recipes. Her recipes are mainly vegan, which mean they do contain any meat or dairy. From the reading that I have done, I have learned that incorporating a vegetarian meal really helps our digestive system. Because Christina's recipes are made with organic whole foods, you do not feel bloated and heavy after a meal. http://www.christinacooks.com/



Well, now that you know where I get my influences from, I want to know where your cooking influences come from. Either post a comment or send me an email. Also, let me know one of your favorite recipes. I will post your comments on an upcoming post so we can all expand our recipe boxes.

No comments: