Jul 6, 2009

4th of July-Weekend Review

So it's been a great weekend. On Friday, Joel and I went to my parent's apartment for a BBQ/birthday party. It was great to spend time with my parent, grandparents, brother, sister, and brother-in-law. Our family get togethers are surrounded by great food, laughs, and family updates.

So I have to share what we purchased for my mom's birthday gift. We bought my mom Green Pans, see below.
http://www.green-pan.com/ . The GreenPans have been added to my "must have" list. Joel, hunny, (wink, wink) these would make a great anniversary gift.
Joel and I found these AMAZING pans at Target. My mom had originally found them on HSN (Home Shopping Network). Here's what makes these pans so AMAZING! The pans are not coated with Teflon, which is know to chip and be toxic, they are coated with Thermolon. The Termolon coating will never breakdown, the pans are oven safe, and can be heated up to 850 degrees. For more information, please visit

On Saturday, Joel and I went to his parents house for a 4th of July BBQ. We ate lamb chops, fillet mignon, salad, and cheesy potatoes. Boy were we stuffed. Joel's parents are great because, like my family, Joel's family loves good food. We had a great evening chatting, making s'mores over the campfire, and watching a variety of fireworks.

I have to share my favorite new kitchen/entertaining bowl that Joel bought me for my birthday. It is call Cold Bowl on Ice, picture below.

This new and nifty addition to my entertaining collection was used twice this weekend. I used it for fruit salad and a tossed salad. You simply put ice in the bottom of the bowl, set in the ventilation insert, and presto! Chilled salad or fruit that stays cold for the whole party. I loved the divider insert that has the dip cup, too. Since the bowl is made of clear acrylic, you get to see everything making for a nice presentation.
I am looking forward to having Monday off of work and getting some work done around the house. I really need to do some organizing and throwing out things I do not need or donating them to the Salvation Army.
Hope everyone had a safe, enjoyable, and blessed 4th of July weekend. God Bless!

1 comment:

Christine said...

This is good to know (the pans.) My two teflon pans have, over time (and with the aid of Stephen's penchant for fried hot dogs), started to flake and break down, and I don't feel safe using them anymore. Awesome find!

And well-done on the blog. Thanks for the shout-out in your "following" bar. :)