Feb 12, 2010

Viva Starbucks Via!

I do not claim to be a coffee aficionado but I do enjoy a good cup of java every now and then.  About two weeks ago I took a trip to Starbucks with my friend Marie.  As I was ordering my Skinny Cinnamon Latte, I saw these small boxes next to the register.  Little did I know what was really in those boxes.  After reading the back of the box, it said it was instant coffee.  Hmmm...How good can this really be?" I thought.  Since I am always willing to try something new, I purchased a sample box that had 3 servings. 

A day or two later, in a caffeine deprived frenzy, I tried to locate my box of Via.  After following the instructions and mixing my single serving of Via with 10 oz of water, I was shocked.  It dissolved right away and smelled amazing.  Well if it smelled good, it had to taste good.  I was nervous that it would have the bland and burnt taste of typical instant coffee.  My taste buds were so happy when they experienced the "fresh from Starbucks flavor".  Needless to say, I was an instant fan.

In a nut shell, if you are a person who does not have time to drive to your local Starbucks for a good cup of coffee or does not want to waste a half used pot of coffee, pick up a box of Via.  For less than a dollar a serving, you can feel like an at home barista.

No comments: